For Videos click link : FisheshopVidoes
Golden Wonder Killifish is also known as Malabar Killifish or Aplocheilus lineatus. It has an elongated body and shiny emerald eyes and belongs to the family of Aplocheilidae. Golden Wonder Killifish leads an active lifestyle and can be found in rivers, swamps or mini-ponds
These Carp toothed fish has a developed jaw. They can eat a variety of food but prefer eating:
- shredded dry plants.
Golden Wonder Killifish is a compact fish. The size of her body does not exceed 12 cm. Females are shorter than males, their bodies are 9–10 cm long. Their body is gray with a slight green or golden tints, dark stripes are located in the upper part.
Note : Single fish Image is for reference
- Striking coloration
- Peaceful disposition with most fish of similar size
- Hardy and adaptable
- Excellent for inhabiting the top of the aquarium
- Temperature: 72° - 77° F (22° - 25° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.5
- KH: 3 - 8 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 20 gallons
- Diet: Meaty foods, both dry and frozen. More variety will ensure greater health and coloration.
- Social behavior: Mostly peaceful, loosely schooling/shoaling in small groups.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to India and Sri Lanka.
- Average adult size: 3 - 4 inches (7.5 - 10 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1.5 - 2.5 inches (3.8 - 6.3 cm)